Technical Project Manager
About the Job
Type: Contract or Full Time
SMERC is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager to work on infrastructure and systems integration initiatives. The candidate will be responsible for leading and coordinating projects from a business and technology perspective, ensuring that software development life cycle activities are consistent with the direction of the business. The candidate may also be expected to spend a significant amount of time working with development activities. The candidate will be responsible for participating in team meetings and communicating appropriate project status. When working on architecture initiatives, the candidate will be part of a team of peers working on highly technical initiatives.
• Guide Design and Development of distributed Services and Applications that integrate across different technologies
• Guide Design/develop critical framework components/reusable modules.
• Work on technical, enterprise initiatives.
• Help Project Members within estimation process.
• Communicate professionally and effectively to clients, management, and other departments.
• Document technical findings/decisions and make technical presentations to the team.
• Ability to fully understand and define scope of technical software projects.
• Maintain, improve and optimize our internal software offerings and testing processes.
• Establish, maintain and adhere to set of development testing standards
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar degree is required.
• 1-2 years game industry experience beneficial
• 3+ years of development experience in the LAMP environment, PHP, Linux, Apache, MySQL, big data, Facebook APIs, deep understanding of ORM, and Eclipse,
• 3+ years’ experience as a Project Manager providing technical leadership/guidance/mentorship (direction setting and articulating, consensus building, conflict mediation, etc.) in a fast paced environment.
• Real-world experience designing enterprise software and defining software architectures (UML, design patterns, SOA, etc.)
• Experience with multi-tier system development.
• Experience building and supporting mission critical applications
• Experience working with teams in disparate geographic locations.
• Demonstrated self-starter, with the ability to set the direction when there is little or none.
• Experience with Software Development Life Cycle methodologies. Agile and waterfall.
• Project Management certification preferred
• Flexible schedule needed with occasional evening and weekend work.
• Understanding of Amazon EC2 and other technologies or other cloud offerings
• Understanding of security techniques including authentication, authorization and cryptography.
Please send resume and cover letter to jobs_smerc.com.