SMERC is in search of a Game Producer to join its team managing the design and development of high quality, online social and mobile games.
Producers are responsible for maintaining project budgets and schedules. They play a vital role in all aspects of SMERC’s success – ensuring creative integrity, assuring project profitability, nurturing relationships, and fostering team morale.
We are looking for a person possessing a flair for creating fun and can drive the creation of projects and ensure that all efforts stay on course.
You will assist the production team with the day-to-day running of projects, as well as internal and external communication throughout the game development process, ensuring the highest quality product is delivered on the agreed schedule.
Your duties will include; proposal writing, design doc creation, scoping projects, identifying and managing the appropriate development resources, managing the QA process, and shepherding games for release.
- Create and review game concepts and designs
- Prepare and maintain game proposal and design documents
- Manage all aspects of a project throughout its life cycle
- Generate and manage project plans, estimates and schedules
- Simultaneously manage internal team and client relationship
- Contribute strategic vision and have ownership in the quality of the final product
- Strong understanding of Game Mechanics and Dynamics
- Experience in game design
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Self starter that takes initiative
- Minimum 4-year college degree (graduate work a plus)
SMERC is an award winning mobile and social game design studio and industry leader in creating vibrant, provocative experiences that captivate and consume a player’s attention.
We are forging a new approach to the way people are entertained across all the places and devices they play.
We’re located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn right on the park.
Email jobs_smerc.com with your resume and coverletter.